- Fellowship: 02/18/2020
Through a premier fellowship program, the Pat Tillman Foundation unites and empowers remarkable military veterans and spouses as the next generation of private and public sector leaders committed to service beyond self. The program supports Tillman scholars with academic scholarships, a national network, and professional development opportunities, so they are empowered to make an impact in the world.
Tillman Scholars can expect an average award of $10,000.
- Veteran and active-duty military service members
- Veterans with pre- and/or post-9/11 service from all branches of the U.S. Military, including the National Guard and Reserve
- Current spouses of veterans or active-duty service members, including surviving spouses
- Military veterans or spouses pursuing a degree as a full-time (as determined by your institution and program of study) student:
- Undergraduate Bachelor’s Degree
- Graduate or professional degree
- At a public or private U.S.-based accredited institution of high education
Tillman Scholars are chosen based on merit. Strong applicants demonstrate clear academic goals, extraordinary leadership potential, and a deep desire to create positive change. They believe their best years of service to our country are still ahead of them, and are committed to strengthening communities at home and around the world.
- Access to the Tillman Scholar Community and leadership opportunities within the network
- Invitation to the annual Pat Tillman Leadership Summit in Chicago, IL
- Entry to the annual Pat’s Run in Tempe, AZ, or Shadow Runs nationwide
- Access to mini-grants to attend professional development opportunities (conferences, workshops, and training)
- Invitation to premier partner conferences including Inc. 500/500 and SXSW
- Access to veteran affinity groups and talent acquisition networks at top companies across the U.S.
- Participation in research studies in the veteran and military communities
- Opportunities to meet and volunteer with veteran partner organizations
- Highlights of your stories, studies, and service efforts on the Pat Tillman Foundation website and social media
- Applicants will be required to submit the following:
- Two essay questions
- Financial worksheet
- Character recommendation from a third party
- 250 word biography
- If an applicant progresses, we will request the following additional information at junctures in the selection process:
- Student Aid Report from FAFSA
- Two photos from military service or with your spouse
- Institutional financial aid award letter
- Completion of a background check