This award is one of the Project-Based Exploration for the Advancement of Knowledge (PEAK) Experiences Awards. Please review the PEAK Experiences Awards overview page to see the entire list of experiences and determine which one is right for you; our list of Frequently Asked Questions about the PEAK Experiences Awards might also be helpful.
*** BECAUSE OF THE NEED TO MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCE, THE CAMPFIRE CHAT AWARD WILL BE ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. ***
This is a chance for you to get to know an expert in the field. Take a professor out to lunch at Stetson West or International Village and learn more about how others live advanced inquiry and creative practice.
US Citizenship Not Required
This award is available for full-time, currently enrolled Northeastern university undergraduates. Invite a professor to lunch on your own, or with a group of up to three students in total.
Invited guests should be full-time members of the Northeastern University faculty.
You may take advantage of this opportunity once per semester. Funding is limited.
Enjoy a meal at a campus dining hall while deepening your relationship with a faculty member and extending your conversations beyond coursework.
Here is the process for taking your professor to lunch.
- Invite a professor and, if you wish, one or two of your classmates to lunch. Pick a date and a time and invite your professor first to ensure they are able to join you on the date you choose.
- Submit your request using the online form at least one week before your desired lunch date.
- When approved, you will receive an email confirmation of your lunch. You will need to visit the Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowships in person to pick up lunch tickets.
- Enjoy your lunch at Stetson West or International Village.
- Complete the online reflection form within one business day of the lunch.