- This event has passed.
Mar 24 • All Day
VIRTUAL: Fulbright Information Session 1, Spring 2020
Boston, MA 02115 United States
Due to COVID-19, all workshops will be virtual and asynchronous. They’ll be made available after the date and time posted here.
Register to receive updates.
Please register with your official NEU email.
Note the eligibility requirements for the Fulbright Scholarship:
- Are a U.S. citizen or in the process of becoming one at the time of application.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent by the beginning date of the grant.
- Have sufficient proficiency in the written and spoken language of the host country to carry out the proposed project/study. Each country indicates its specific linguistic requirements.
- Preferably have received most of your undergraduate education in the United States.
- Graduating seniors must participate in Northeastern’s Fulbright Fellowship process, which includes a mandatory interview.
With a mission “to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries,” Fulbright Fellowships fund a year of post-graduation study, research, or English teaching in approximately 140 countries around the world. Join the Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowships to learn more about this opportunity and the application process including preparing your essays, identifying references to support your work, picking the right country and project, and more!
****As members of our community are certainly aware, the COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in significant changes to Northeastern University’s programs and operations, including the transition to online instruction on the Boston campus. We would like to let you know how we anticipate these changes might affect the work of the Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowships. The response to COVID-19 is rapidly evolving, and further adjustments may be necessary. We encourage everyone to stay informed by checking the university’s dedicated COVID-19 website frequently.
We will transition all of our workshops and information sessions to a virtual format. Please register for this event as normal, and registrants will be contacted with information about how to access the virtual programs.***