In order to encourage students to build relationships with full-time, tenure-track faculty members, students are able to invite their professor along with one or two other peers to lunch at a dining hall courtesy of the Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowships.
Needs Institutional Endorsement
You may only take advantage of this opportunity once a semester. Funding is limited.
Enjoy a meal while deepening your relationship with a faculty member and extending your conversations beyond coursework.
Here is the process for taking your professor to lunch.
- Invite one or two of your classmates and a favorite full-time professor to lunch. Pick a date and a time and invite your professor first to ensure they are able to join you on the date you choose.
- Submit your request using the online form at least one week before your desired lunch date. Requests are not guaranteed.
- If approved, you will receive an email confirmation of your lunch. You will need to visit the Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowships to pick up lunch tickets.
- Enjoy your lunch at Stetson West or International Village.
- Complete the online evaluation form within one business day of the lunch.