The University Honors Program enriches the Northeastern experience for curious students who are eager to immerse themselves in our rigorous, interdisciplinary, experiential, and student-driven approach to learning.
Honors students embark on a personalized educational journey— one that they themselves define and design—alongside a talented group of peers who share an insatiable appetite for learning, a boundless imagination, and the aspiration and resourcefulness to surmount the critical challenges confronting our world.
Honors Learning Objectives
The University Honors Program seeks to enhance the Northeastern undergraduate experience through a rigorous, interdisciplinary, student-driven approach to academic and experiential learning. Consequently, the Honors Program has adopted four learning outcomes that are intended to be met through our students’ four years of personalized growth through self-directed and active learning and immersive engagement in their selected discipline, professional field, and community networks.
- Honors students will achieve cross-discipline intellectual agility while gaining the depth needed for immediate goals upon graduation.
- Honors students will grow as future leaders through a holistic process that, in addition to intellectual agility, emphasizes a global mindset, civic engagement, professional and personal development, and enhanced well-being.
- Honors students will build intergenerational, interdisciplinary networks designed to enhance their personal and professional goals.
- Honors students will cultivate self-directed learning practices to promote life-long curiosity and growth in an ever-changing world.
- Learning that Happens Everywhere
- Experiential Learning
- Integrated and Student-Directed Learning
- Global Citizenship
- Personalized Growth Through Guidance and Support
- Networked Communities